Oil-Free + Sugar Free Banana Bread | Pure Harvest
The very first dish I learned to bake when I adopted a vegan lifestyle was banana bread. Prior to me adopting this lifestyle, I had an absolute obsession with banana bread, always grabbing one before work, having it as a study snack, as well as having it for breakfast. As some of you may know, baking banana bread is not always as easy as it may sound - it took me over a year to develop a successful banana bread recipe and here it is!
This recipe is oil-free, sugar free and comprised of only wholesome ingredients! I've collaborated with Pure Harvest for this recipe, using their Activated Almond Milk, Rice Malt Syrup and topped with some Hazelnut Spread!
What a lot of people don't realise is the fact that there's a big difference between the consumption of raw almonds and the consumption of activated almonds, the main difference being primarily the effect it has on your digestion and gut health. Activating nuts are known to eliminate enzyme inhibitors that result in difficult digestion, thus being a more gut-friendly alternative to raw almonds. Pure Harvest's Organic Unsweetened Activated Almond Milk promotes the benefits of activated almonds, plus only contains five wholesome, organic and natural ingredients: filtered water, organic activated almonds (7%), organic brown rice, sea salt and natural almond essence. No preservatives, not artificial colours or flavours and no ingredient names you can't pronounce.
I've used Rice Malt Syrup in a number of my recipes already and I can't get enough of it. It is a natural sweetener, derived from only Brown Rice, providing all the sweet satisfaction I crave when I have a sweet tooth!
The Coco² Hazelnut Spread is also another great way to satisfy your sweet tooth, using natural and wholesome ingredients from coconut, cocoa and hazelnut. Growing up nutella was a must in my household, so the healthier and nutritious alternative provided by Pure Harvest is now a staple! What's so great is that not only can it be used as a spread, but it can also be used in smoothies, as a dip, and in many other ways including eating it straight out the jar (it's just that good)!
To find out more about Pure Harvest, their products and their vision, click here!
It's been months since I've wanted to post this recipe and am glad to finally share it with you! So without further ado, here's my Banana Bread recipe plus a quick video to help you along the way! Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
Servings: 5-6 Servings
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 1 Cup Pure Harvest Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Pure Harvest Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Aquafaba
- 1 1/2 Cups Buckwheat Flour
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pure Harvest Hazelnut Spread
- Pre-heat oven at 200°C.
- In a clean bowl, mash the ripe bananas, then add and stir all remaining wet ingredients.
- In a separate bow, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add and stir dry ingredients into the wet-ingredient bowl, combining well.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray, adding any desire toppings should you wish to.
- Place in the oven and bake at 180°C for 50 minutes to 1 hour. (Be sure to cover the banana bread with aluminium foil halfway through the cooking time to refrain from burning the top.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, remove the baking tray from the oven, and allow the banana bread to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Top off a slice of banana bread with some Hazelnut Spread and enjoy!