Chocolate Overload Pancakes | Loving Earth
The amount of times I've made myself pancakes for breakfast is countless, although the amount of times I've made myself chocolate pancakes has been limited to one: the day I created these chocolate overload pancakes using Loving Earth Chocolate!
As I've mentioned in a previous post, Loving Earth checks all the boxes when it comes to health, sustainability and fair trade! With their products being comprised of only good and healthy ingredients, packed in sustainable and compostable packaging, and are sourced and produced by means of fair trade, how can you now love them?
For this recipe, I used Loving Earth's Cacao Powder, Nutty Mr Maple Chocolate, Salted Caramel Chocolate and their Chocolate Buckini Clusters!
Their Cacao Powder is comprised of one simple ingredient: Organic Cacao Powder, which is a healthy alternative to many sugar-dependant and highly processed chocolate powders that is an absolute no-no. This Cacao Powder is packed with antioxidants, magnesium and nutrients that will leave you feeling satisfied on all levels!
Nutty Mr Maple is by far my absolute favourite Loving Earth Chocolate! I am one for a crunch when biting into something decadent and smooth, so this chocolate, being comprised of chunky almonds plus sweet and chunky maple granules in dark truffle chocolate, is an essential chocolate option!
I have not always been a fan of Salted Caramel, but Loving Earth's Salted Caramel Chocolate definitely shifted my views and has had me loving every slice! This chocolate is made up of a number of organic ingredients that have been fairly traded, as well as locally sourced!
Buckinis have been an essential pantry staple for me for so long now, so when I got to try the Loving Earth Chocolate Buckini Clusters I was hooked! Made up of Raw Cacao, Coconut, Berries and Superfoods, these clusters are the perfect topping for anything hot or cold! They are also a source of protein, cane sugar free, and are made up of fair trade cacao!
If you want to find out more about Loving Earth and their products click here!
This recipe is filling, toasty and perfect for any morning where you're craving something cozy! I hope you enjoy!
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 1 Serving
- 1/4 Cup Oat Flour
- 1/4 Cup and 1 Tbsp Buckwheat Flour
- 1 Tbsp Loving Earth Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Ripe Banana
- 1/2 Cup Plant-Based Mylk
- 1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 Cubes of Loving Earth Nutty Mr Maple Chocolate
- 2 Cubes Loving Earth Salted Caramel Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Loving Earth Chocolate Cluster Buckinis
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, then place in a blender or food processor.
- Add the Banana and the Plant-Based Mylk to the dry ingredient mix, then blend until well-combined
- Pour the batter into a bowl, then add the apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Allow the batter to rest for 4-5 minutes. In the meantime pre-heat a non-stick pan.
- One a chopping board, chop slices and dices of the Loving Earth Nutty Mr Maple Chocolate, then place in a bowl and set aside. (Note: it's more than okay for the chocolate pieces to be messy and not perfect!)
- After the resting time has elapsed, pour out approximately 1/3 cup of pancake batter on the pan. As soon as the pancake batter has settled into shape, add a portion of the chocolate pieces to the pancake.
- Allow the pancake to cook until bubbles begin to form and the upward side of the pancake resembles a matte-like texture, then flip.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until pancake mixture is finished.
- To prepare the caramel sauce, bring a pot to boil on a stove top. (Make sure the liquid only fills up to a quarter of the pot)
- Place the caramel cubes in a separate metal bowl, then hold above the pot. Stir the caramel cubes until they have completely melted, then set aside.
- Assemble the pancakes in whatever manner you wish, then sprinkle any additional toppings you desire including the Chocolate Buckini Clusters!