Unicorn Nice Cream Crépe Cones "Unicones" | Unicorn Superfoods
Another play on a Crépe recipe, only this time, an ideal recipe for this summer: Unicorn Crépe Cones! I've been wanting to try these out for so long, so it my absolute pleasure to bring you this recipe!
I've collaborated with Unicorn Superfoods to bring you this recipe and I could not be more thrilled to express what an awesome company this is! Unicorn Superfoods is an Australian-founded company that projects the value of physical and mental health for overall well-being. Unicorn Superfoods provides an avenue for all to consume a healthier option that is not only satisfying for the soul, but satisfying for the eyes! These superfoods are natural and provide you with essential nutrients your body needs. Not to mention, they also assist in energy, memory improvement, a stronger immune system, gut health, plus they are a natural means of hair, skin and nail treatment.
For this recipe, I've used the Black Goji Berry Powder and the Pink Pitaya Powder.
The Black Goji Berry Powder is an amazing source of antioxidants, is comprised of a number of essential nutrients, assists in lowering cholesterol, is a preventative cancer agent, and also improves eye health and vision.
The Pink Pitaya Powder is equally as great as it is high in fiber, is rich in antioxidants that assists in fighting diseases as well as improving the immune system, and contains essential fatty acids!
Since adding a teaspoon of these superfoods in my smoothie bowls, I have physically noticed a difference in my health, especially during a stressful exam period. These superfoods have assisted in my improved focus, my gut health, and my skin (which, had both hit a whirlwind during exam period). By simply adding these superfoods to your meals, I can assure you, both your body, your mind and your tastebuds will be satisfied!
If you want to find out more about Unicorn Superfoods and check out some of their amazing powders, click here!
Be sure to try out this recipe and I hope you enjoy!
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1/4 Cup + 1/2 Tbsp Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Besan Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp Pink Pitaya Powder
- 2 Tsp Black Goji Berry Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Aquafaba
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/4 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Soaked Medjool Dates
- Place all dry ingredients (minus the superfood powders) in a clean bowl and mix well until combined.
- Divide the dried mix equally, and place in two separate bowls. Add the Pink Pitaya Unicorn Superfoods Powder into one and the Black Goji Berry Powder in the other. Set aside.
- Pour the Aquafaba in a blender, then pulse blend for 30 seconds. It should have a frothy texture at this point.
- Add remaining wet ingredients to the blender, minus the Apple Cider Vinegar, then blend.
- Pour out wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl, then whisk until well combined.
- Add the Apple Cider Vinegar, then mix.
- Allow the mixture to rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
- During this period, pre-heat the oven at 200-220ºC.
- 2 minutes prior to the completion of the rest time for the mixture, pre-heat your pan or crépe maker on medium heat.
- Using a ladle, slowly pour out one scoop of the mixture on the pan. Once the mixture has been poured, place the bottom of the ladle gently on the crepe, then move the ladle in a circular motion to develop a circle structure. Allow to cook for 2 minutes, then flip. Repeat this step until all the crépe batter has been used.
- Place the cooked crépes on a drying rack or a large and clean flat surface, separated so as to maintain a slightly crispy texture. As they are laid out, prepare your cone shapes:
- Take aluminium foil of up to 60cm long, then fold it about 3-4 times. Roll the folded aluminium foil into a cone shape, pressing down the top flatter surface to maintain a stronger structure. Repeat this step to develop cones equivalent to the number of crépes. (The aluminium foil cones can be easily re-used to reduce waste).
- Once you have created your cone shapes, take one crépe and place it on a flat surface. Place one foil cone at the edge of the crépe, then roll the crépe forward to match the structure of the cone. Make sure to pinch the pointed end of the cone, then fold inward, so as to maintain its structure.
- On a lined baking tray, place the cone flat down on the side where the crépe ends to maintain the structure.
- Repeat steps 13 and 14 until all crépes have been shaped.
- Place in the oven at 220ºC for roughly 15 minutes.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, remove the baking tray from the oven, then allow the crépe cones to cool on a drying rack for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with some unicorn Nice Cream (I simply blended some frozen bananas, dates, nut milk and Unicorn Superfoods Powder for this one), as well as any further desired toppings, then you are ready to devour!