Sweet & Savoury Crépes | Vegan, Oil Free and Sugar Free
Over the past couple of months I've been trying to perfect a crépe recipe that is truly resemblant to traditional crépes. This week I finally did that using the ingredient, Aquafaba (the water from drained chickpeas), which I'll be sure to use in a lot more recipes!
Hope you enjoy this recipe and that you are as satisfied as I am!
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp Buckwheat Flour
- 1 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Aquafaba
- 3/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Soaked Medjool Dates
- 1 Tbsp Sliced Spring Onions
- Place all dry ingredients in a clean bowl.
- Pour Aquafaba in a blender, then pulse blend for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining wet ingredients, minus the Apple Cider Vinegar, then blend.
- Pour out wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl, then whisk until well combined.
- Add the Apple Cider Vinegar, then mix.
- Allow the mixture to rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
- 2 minutes prior to completing the rest time for the mixture, pre-heat your pan or crépe maker on medium heat.
- Using a ladle, slowly pour out one scoop of the mixture on the pan. Once the mixture has been poured, place the bottom of the ladle gently on the crepe, then move the ladle in a circular motion to develop a circle structure. Allow to cook for 2 minutes, then flip. Repeat this step until half the mixture has been used.
- For the remaining mixture, place then mix the chopped spring onions. Repeat Step 7.
- Add any desired toppings, then you’re ready to devour the goodness!