Crispy Pear Crumble | Pure Harvest
With a few extra pears lying around, plus a craving for something sweet, crispy and crunchy, I decided to made a batch of Crispy Pear Crumble! Oftentimes apple is the most ideal fruit for this particular recipe, but what's not to love about pears?
This recipe has been made in collaboration with Pure Harvest once again, using their Organic Rice Malt Syrup! Instead of satisfying your sweet tooth with refined sugars, why not try some Rice Malt Syrup? A natural sweetener, derived from only Brown Rice!
Knowing what is in your food is always a must when it comes to providing your body with the nutrients it needs rather than prioritising the taste of products with an ingredient list comprised of names you cannot even pronounce. Pure Harvest produces products that are comprised of organic, simple and wholesome ingredients that are not only tasty, but also assist in providing your body with essential nutrients!
If you want to find out more about Pure Harvest and their products, click here!
This recipe is sweet, tasty and provides that extra crunch you always want when biting into some crumble. Hope you enjoy!
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 2 Servings
- 2 Pears
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Puffed Rice
- 1/2 cup Puffed Buckwheat
- 1 Tbsp Pure Harvest Rice Malt Syrup
- Pre-heat the oven at 200ºC.
- Slice one pear horizontally, then dice the other. Place these pear pieces in a clean bowl.
- Add the Cinnamon, 1/2 tbsp flaxseed meal and 1/4 cup of chopped almonds in the bowl, then mix with the pears until well-combined.
- Place the mix into a baking dish then set aside.
- In a clean bowl, place the oats, puffed rice, puffed buckwheat and 1/4 cup almonds, then mix and combine.
- Pour 1 tbsp of Rice Malt Syrup into the bowl, spreading across the mixture evenly. Mix well and combine.
- Place the crumble mixture in the baking dish onto the pear mixture, then press down and spread evenly.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and allow it to cook for 30 minutes at 180ºC.
- After the cooking time has elapsed, remove the baking dish from the oven, then serve with any desired toppings.