Sweet Potato + Black Bean Fudge Brownies | Vegan + Naturally-Sweetened
As a child, my favourite sweet to devour on a Saturday afternoon was a brownie slice. My absolute favourite part was the extra crunch added by the nuts right in the centre of the slice.
For awhile now, I've been wanting to develop a recipe using savoury ingredients as the prime ingredients, and I finally have.
Here's a recipe for Sweet Potato + Black Bean Fudge Brownies! These are soo easy and simple to make, you'll want to make them weekly!
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- 3 Tbsp Carob Powder
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Cooked Black Beans
- 130g Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 4 Medjool Dates
- 1/2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/2 Ripe Banana
- 2 Soaked Medjool Dates
- 1 Tbsp Carob Powder
- Peel, slice then dice 130g of Sweet Potato into cubes, and place in a pot (I use Saladmaster) of boiling water, with the stove set at medium-high heat.
- Allow it to cook for roughly 5 minutes or until the potatoes are softened.
- In the meantime, soak all required medjool dates. Make sure to separate the dates needed for the brownies and the glaze in separate bowls.
- Pre-heat the oven at 220ºC.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, carefully drain out the water from the pot, then place the sweet potato in a clean bowl.
- Place all the dry ingredients (except for the 1/4 cup of Almonds) and wet ingredients (including the soaked dates) in a food processor.
- Blend until the brownie mixture is combined well.
- Place the mixture into clean bowl, then add the 1/4 cup of Almonds and mix well.
- Line a baking tray then carefully pour the mixture, assuring that it is evenly spread.
- Place in the oven at 200ºC for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your glaze. Place all the glaze ingredients in a blender then blend well. Set aside.
- Once the time has elapsed, remove the tray from the oven.
- Spread the glaze over the top of the brownie, then place in the oven. (You may also place any additional toppings at this point too).
- Remove the brownie from the oven after five minutes, then place on a cooling tray.
- Once it is cooled, you are ready to slice, then devour the brownies!