Mango Black Rice Pudding | Pure Harvest
Summertime weather calls for some summertime food, so what better way to satisfy our tastebuds than to consume mangoes? This time of year is the best time of year, one reason being because it is finally mango season! Mangoes have been one of my all-time favourite fruits and being mango season, I consume at least 2-3 per day (because how can you not?).
Research has suggested that mangoes contribute to the prevention of cancer and heart disease, promotes healthy skin and hair, improves digestion, assists with diabetes, and boosts the immune system, among many other health benefits! So not only are they satisfying for your tastebuds, but they're also nutritionally satisfying!
I've happily collaborated with Pure Harvest to bring you this recipe using two of their amazing products, Rice Malt Syrup (an all-time favourite) and their Coco Quench Coconut Milk! Rice Malt Syrup is a natural sweetener, derived from only Brown Rice! I'm all for no added sugars, so Rice Malt Syrup is definitely a go-to sugar alternative. Pure Harvest's Coco Quench Coconut Milk is comprised of four simple ingredients: filtered water, organic coconut milk (20%), organic brown rice and sea salt. How can it get any better than that? No nasties, just simple and organic ingredients.
As I've said in a previous post, Pure Harvest products are comprised of organic, simple and wholesome ingredients that provide the nutrients your body needs! Not only are their products top notch, but the wonderful minds behind Pure Harvest maintain the objective to provide quality products in alignment with environmental values, in the distribution of their products! Which ticks so many boxes! If you want to find out more about Pure Harvest and their products, click here and I'm sure you'll be as satisfied as I am!
This recipe, when executed with patience and care, is one that will remain a go-to for this summer period, providing tropical vibes and again, satisfied tastebuds.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Preparation Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1 1/2 Cups Pure Harvest Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Black Rice
- 1 Mango
- 1 Tbsp Pure Harvest Rice Malt Syrup
- Soak then wash the Black Rice thoroughly.
- Place the washed rice in a pot, then add 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Stir well, then bring the pot to a boil on a medium to high heat. This should take roughly 10-15 minutes.
- Once the pot is brought to a boil, allow the pot to simmer at a low to medium heat. Add another 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Allow the rice to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Repeat the previous step, adding the remaining water and coconut milk, then allow the rice to cook for 20-25 minutes. (Add more liquids if need be).
- After the cooking time has elapsed, the rice should be of a sticky texture. Remove from the pot and place in a bowl, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, pour 1 tbsp of boiled water. Pour in1/2 tbsp of the rice malt syrup, then mix well.
- Repeat the previous step, then set aside.
- Slice your mango into three divisions: two cheeks and the pit.
- Leaving about 2cm from the edge of the cheek, scoop the mango in a circular motion. This should result in the mango cheek resembling a cup-like structure. Set aside the scooped mango, then repeat this step for the second cheek.
- Slice the scooped mangoes, as well as the mango from the pit, then place in the rice malt syrup and water mixture.
- Gently coat the mango slices with the mixture, then set aside as you begin to assemble the final product.
- Place the black rice pudding in the mango cups, adding any additional amounts of coconut milk if you desire. You can then add the mango slices on top, as well as any additional toppings, then you are ready to serve!