Superfood Cookies | Unicorn Superfoods
Over the past couple of months I've been adding a teaspoon or so of both Pink Pitaya and Black Goji Berry Powders into my smoothies and sweet dishes like pancakes, chia pudding and crépes. Since I've been doing this, I've noticed changes in terms of my gut health, the nourishment of my skin and hair, and even my mood. I cannot stress how important it is to treat your body from within in order to meet external health benefits. By treating your body from within and promoting your gut health, external factors including your facial skin and your mood are proportionally affected; by treating your gut, you simultaneously meet a number of other health benefits.
I've happily collaborated with Unicorn Superfoods to bring you this Superfood Cookie Recipe using their Pink Pitaya and Black Goji Berry Powders! This recipe is simple, easy and promotes the easy use of superfood powders for anything including a satisfying treat like this! As I've mentioned in a couple of previous recipes using their products, Unicorn Superfoods is an Australian-founded company that projects the value of physical and mental health for overall well-being. Unicorn Superfoods provides an avenue for all to consume a healthier option that is not only satisfying for the soul, but satisfying for the eyes! These superfoods are natural and provide you with essential nutrients your body needs. Not to mention, they also assist in energy, memory improvement, a stronger immune system, gut health, plus they are a natural means of hair, skin and nail treatment.
The Pink Pitaya Powder is equally as great as it is high in fiber, is rich in antioxidants that assists in fighting diseases as well as improving the immune system, and contains essential fatty acids! This superfood powder has helped me in terms of hair and skin nourishment, gut health, stress-relief, protected immune system, and of course, has provided me with a satisfied sweet tooth!
The Black Goji Berry Powder is an amazing source of antioxidants, is comprised of a number of essential nutrients, assists in lowering cholesterol, is a preventative cancer agent, and also improves eye health and vision. This superfood powder has helped me in terms of stress relief, eye health improvement and has provided me with additional essential nutrients!
If it has not yet been clear, I highly recommend trying out their range of superfood powders so you can experience for yourself, the benefits that I have received! You can find out more by clicking here!
Without further ado, here's the Superfood Cookie recipe and I hope you enjoy!
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Tsp Unicorn Superfoods Pink Pitaya Powder
- 1 Tsp Unicorn Superfoods Black Goji Berry Powder
- 3 Tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- 4 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Aquafaba
- 1 Tbsp Nut Butter
- 1 Small Banana
- 1 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1/4 Tsp Unicorn Superfoods Pink Pitaya Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Unicorn Superfoods Black Goji Berry Powder
- Pre-heat the oven at 200ºC.
- In two separate bowls, divide the oat flour into equal parts.
- In one bowl, add the Black Goji Berry Powder and mix until well-combined.
- Add the Rice Malt Syrup, Nut Butter, Almond Milk and Aquafaba to the bowl, then mix.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the Pink Pitaya Powder.
- On a lined baking tray, scoop, then place equally divided parts of each mixture (should make approximately six divisions). Press down and around to develop a circular structure.
- Place in the oven and allow the cookies to cook at 180ºC for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your sauce by adding the Banana and Almond Milk in a blender, then blend.
- Divide the mixture into two, then add 1/4 Tsp of Pink Pitaya Powder in one division, then 1/4 Tsp of Black Goji Berry Powder in the other.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, allow the cookies to cool, then top off with the sauces.