Vegan Apple Crumble Cups | Using The Prospect Project Lil Grain Granola
I've always been an absolute lover of granola and muesli. Once I was given the opportunity to collaborate with The Prospect Project and their Granola, I was immediately on board!
What is so great about The Prospect Project is the fact that not only are their products delicious and beyond tastebud-blessing, they stand by a vision that is ethical, environmentally-friendly and community-assisting. Not to mention, all their products are vegan, grain free, refined sugar free and hand-made too!
With a vision of promoting great health and do so whilst extending our power to assist the community and align with environmental interests, I can't hold back from expressing how much I respect The Prospect Project and am more than thrilled to be sharing a recipe using their Lil Grain Granola!
- 1/4 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1 Flax Egg (1/2 Tbsp Flax Meal soaked in 1 1/2 Tbsp Water)
Apple Cinnamon Filling:
- 1/2 Apple
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Almond Meal
- 2 Medjool Dates (Soaked in Water, then blended)
- 1/2 Serving of The Prospect Project Lil Grain Granola
- Pre-heat oven at 220C.
- In a small pot, pour approx. 1/4 cup of water and allow it to boil on the stove.
- Slice and dice the Apple, then carefully place the diced pieces in the boiling pot, along with the Ground Cinnamon. Stir on a low heat.
- Place Buckwheat Flour into a clean bowl.
- Add the Flax Egg and 2 Tbsp of Water, then mix and combine well.
- Roll the flour mixture into a ball shape, then divide into two smaller balls.
- With a rolling pin, flatten each ball, then develop a cup shape folding and pressing the edges in a circular motion. (Use a muffin tray to guide you if needed).
- Place these cups into a muffin tray, then allow it to cook in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a small clean bowl, add the Almond Meal, Lil Grain Granola and the blended Medjool Dates.
- Remove the Apple Cinnamon mixture from the pot. Strain out the liquid, then added it to the Crumble mixture. Mix and roughly combine.
- Remove the Buckwheat Cups from the oven, then place the Crumble into each cup.
- Place in the oven for approx. 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, remove the cups from the oven, then allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add any additional toppings or sides, then you're ready to eat!